Thursday, March 4, 2010

My Quest for internet

    While some people do quests on the internet, I do quests for the internet. Anybody with a portable device that can use wifi knows what I am talking about when I talk about the endless toil that we go through every day to find wifi. That happened for me in a completely different way. Couple of things before I start, I don't do religion because I'm atheist and I use a laptop for school because of this. This 'quest taught me alot of things I didn't know about the school
    I had a half day today, which meant that I only had two classes in between lunch and break (I normally have three) so I only had CSPE  and religion. I decided in CSPE to find the ICT teacher to get hooked up to the wireless. I figured this would only take five minutes so I would still be able to get my homework done. But little did I know that my laptop had other plans. It turned out that the ICT teacher didn't do Linux. He gave me the password, which it turned out I had wrong, but it still wouldn't work. He then told me to go to the IT technician, who was at the office.
THINGS I DIDN'T KNOW 1. We have an IT technician,

    Following, my ICT teachers suggestion, I went to the office to look for The IT technician. The secretary told me he wasn't there but he was probably in room 15, a science lab, helping a miss XYZ ( I'm not using names because I realised that people I've never seen before read my blog and I don't want to disrupt anyones privacy). Now I thought that by miss XYZ she meant a science teacher who I used to have. I looked into room 15 and there was a class going on and teacher wasn't miss XYZ. The principal then caught me and told me I should try the server room, room 62. I went there and there was nobody there. I came back to the office and found miss XYZ there (the one who used to teach me). Now she hadn't been with Diarmaid but I learned a new thing
THINGS I DIDN'T KNOW 2. We have three miss XYZand two in science alone, though one is a science technician

THINGS I DIDN'T KNOW 3.  The person who continually walks through our class with trays full of stuff is miss XYZ, the science technician
   So, after walking through 2 6th year classes (awkward!) We found out that the IT technician had gone back to the office. He took my laptop and I will have it back tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment