Sunday, January 31, 2010

Praise posts: Stephanie Meyer

   After making my first 'complaint post', I was asked in school by a friend to balance out my teenage negativity with some 'praise posts'. So here goes.
  The same friend who told me to write these 'praise posts' also complained about Stephanie Meyer, author of 'Twilight'. He had started a facebook group on hating her. I feel different. She is an amazingly talented author who has gotten an entire generation into reading. I have read the books and they are brilliant. So what if the 'teenage vampire romance' genre is attacking us. Teenagers everywhere are reading. I think that that's a good thing frankly.
  I think that the reason people who read alot are angry with Stephanie Meyer is in the same way that die-hard Micheal Jackson fans were annoyed when he died and everyone started buying his CDs. They had this unique, personal thing and suddenly it's been stolen by the crowd.
  I am a little angry about the new 'teenage vampire romance' genre because it is kinda idiotic. You grow fangs and become a monster and suddenly everyone loves you. But these are just the hangers-on that any successee gets. She's been sued as well for stealing another persons idea  but so has J.K. Rowling.  Everyone want's their money.
  So what do you think?

3 comments:

  1. GOOOO TWILIGHT, I PREFERRED THE BOOKS TO THE MOVIE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Théo, I think indeed it's a very good idea to have positive posts as well as moans. I agree with you that a lot of things in life are annoying but focusing on them is not good so keep your balance! BTW I love your blog... Catherine

    ReplyDelete