Sunday, December 13, 2009

Ikea

For those of you who didn't know, I went to Ikea and am back for about an hour or two as I am writing this blog. I just realised how much I love that shop. I drove to Dublin with my mom to find that Ikea is not marked off. Luckily it's huge so we noticed it. The ride was O.K. as I had my homework and study to do and twilight to read. Shopping trip and twilight, must do something profoundly masculine!.

We got there around noonish, quickly ran to the bathroom (while uncomfortably listening to the blaring out of promotions and the like over an intercom) which left us an hour to explore their showroom floor which (as the name kinda suggests) shows you all the products in their best style. We grabbed some yellow Ikea bags and began buying anything that seemed remotely useful which led to buying stuff that was vaguely useful like a flour sieve which separated the flour nicely.

  After of course, LUNCH!!!! the best most omnomnom part of the day! this is always a plus as in a Swedish shop, they sell Swedish food! I had 15 meatballs about the size of a bouncy ball and chips. This came with a strange tasting gravy and lingonberry sauce which was just like jam. I also had a raspberry trifle which was also delicious. My mom had a prawn and egg sandwich (ewwww) and an apple tart. If you took a glass it was taken as you wanted all you can drink soft drinks which included lingonberry juice which I wasn't brave enough to try. It was some kind of Swedish holiday so they had a (very bad) orchestra and an Ikea mascot handing out Swedish flags.

After Lunch we went on a tour of the second floor which was where all the products were held. we put our heavy yellow bags in a trolley and I saw the logic in getting another one as this one was almost full. I got 10 cushions for underneath my new loftbed, a standing lamp, a rug and quilt cover of matching red and a new top for my desk. By the end of our trip we had three trolleys ! (one was only holding my desk top though)
I do love Ikea!!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete