Monday, November 30, 2009

Scout Camp

I went on a scout camp last weekend. It was actually a "leadership course" yet there were people who definitely weren't ready to be leaders. I even saw feetsy pyjamas! There were "venturers" who are older scouts (15+) aswell.
We ate like kings as there were other venturers who were purely there to cook our meals. It was one of those things where the food isin a tray behind a curved glass-you give them your plate, they fill it with food.They also had two big serving containers full of my wadi which led me to go to the bathroom many a time!
We were split up into patrols of people we basically didn't know. There was one guy in my patrol but I didn't know the rest at all. But we had some ice breaker games which helped figure out each-others names and got to know each-other. By the end we knew who we were friends with and who we avoided just like at school.
As for the activities, rather than just tell us the stuff and be really boring, they just made us do the stuff. We went on a hike and did loads of brainteasers and games.
By the by, I'm looking to buy a domain but I need to get a knew name as mine has an apostrophe in it and I can't put that in a website name. Please comment with suggestions. *cute face* pretty please?!?

1 comment: